Scott Barthelmy (GSFC), Eric Burns (LSU), Dakota Dutko (GSFC/ADNET), Meredith Gibb (GSFC/ADNET), Tess Jaffe (GSFC), Israel Martinez (GSFC/UMD), Judith Racusin (GSFC), Vidushi Sharma (GSFC/UMBC), Teresa Sheets (GSFC), Leo Singer (GSFC), Alan Smale (GSFC), and Dongguen Tak (DESY) report on behalf of GCN and HEASARC:
The GCN Circulars transition from the legacy GCN Classic service to the new GCN has been completed. From today onward, the modernized GCN Circulars experience will be part of the new GCN web site at https://gcn.nasa.gov/circulars.
You are now able to:
- Browse and search Circulars in our all-new archive.
- Sign up for and manage your own email subscriptions.
- Enroll yourself and your colleagues to submit Circulars with arXiv-style peer endorsements for new contributors.
- Submit Circulars with our new Web form, or continue to submit by email.
As a part of the transition:
- Your settings have been transferred automatically, if you used Circulars previously.
- You will continue to receive Circulars, if you received them previously.
- You will still be able to submit Circulars from the same email addresses, if you submitted them previously.
- Emails from Circulars will come from a new address, email@example.com.
- We will encourage you to submit Circulars to the new address firstname.lastname@example.org, but we will still support the old address email@example.com.
- The new archive, https://gcn.nasa.gov/circulars, will include all past Circulars. We have frozen the old archive, https://gcn.gsfc.nasa.gov/gcn3_archive.html.
As a reminder, we invite you to join one of our three public Zoom webinars to introduce GCN users to the new GCN Circular system:
- April 18, 2023 12:00-13:00 UTC (best for Atlantic):
- April 18, 2023 20:00-21:00 UTC (best for Pacific):
- April 19, 2023 04:00-05:00 UTC (best for Asia and Oceania):
For questions, issues, or bug reports, please contact us via:
- Contact form:
- GitHub issue tracker:
Thank you for contributing to the GCN Community.